Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Provost and Librarian Walk Into a Meeting...

Dear Chief Academic Officer (who isn’t my own):

I’m the head college librarian. I’ve been here for years, even outlasted several provosts. Just got in good with the last one — then she left. Now, a new person is on his way and I don’t want to lose any ground. Should I meet with him right away, and what should I say? Please help.

Speaker after speaker in the audience posed variations on that scenario Monday at a session of the American Library Association’s annual conference that was part roundtable, part “Ask Amy.” During “The Art of Persuasion: Strategies for Effective Communication with Chief Academic Officers,” organized by the Association of College and Research Libraries, the provosts and vice presidents for academic affairs on the panel shared a list of their do’s and don’ts when approaching new college officials in their positions.

To read the entire article, and the do's and don'ts, click here.

The information in this post was taken directly from an article written by Elia Powers in inside highered.com dated 26 June 2007.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home